Monday, October 22, 2012

A FRIENDSHIP THAT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD


What is true friendship?  This is a topic that I have pondered on for many years.  Watch people on facebook and you will understand that friendships are not always easy.  There are people that beg for a deep friendship and after they get it, it is destroyed, by none other than themselves.

Do you have those that want to be your best friend?  The instant that I move into a new town, there is always someone that wants to be my best friend.  I am always honored by this gesture but usually decline due to it becoming a stumbling block in the ministry.

Many friendships are so close that others are shut out.  I have found it's not easy for me to have open arms to our whole congregation and also have a best friend.  The Lord has shown me that the need to have open arms should surpass the need for a deep friendship. 

I love nothing more than to kick my shoes off and have a blast with others.  To some, this may be surprising.  To others, you might say, "I thought this is the way you are all the time."  Emily, I really am a serious person sometimes. Emily is my niece, who probably thinks I don't have a serious bone in my body.  When her and I get together you never know what is going to happen.

My husband, children, and sisters are very dear to me, but I should never allow them to take the place of my friendship with Christ.  They can listen to my problems, but only Jesus Christ can heal the pain.  I should never put that kind of pressure on others.  That would be called, "Dumping".

Jesus tells us to cast our cares on him, for he cares for us. Does that mean I should never share with my family or friends?  No, we all need others to talk to.  What we don't need to do is expect for them to fix our problems.  We also need to understand that they are humans and may say something wrong or tell others something we said in confidence.  Your confidential information is only safe in Christ hands, the perfect friend. 

If we do as the following scripture says our joy will be full, we will not have a void in our lives that a friend needs to fill.  Have you ever noticed that the Lord has shared everything with you?  He has not held back anything in his friendship.  There are no secret compartments.  You are allowed to know the height and depth of the Lord.  He is asking you in this verse to learn of him, his love and to also share it with others.  The Lord is wanting to use you, but can only do so it you have a true friendship with him.

JOHN 15: 11-17

These things have I spoken unto you,
that my joy might remain in you,
and that your joy might be full.
This is my commandment,
That ye love one another,
as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends,
if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Henceforth I call you not servants;
for the servant knoweth not
what his lord doeth:
 
but I have called you friends;
for all things that I have
 heard of my Father
I have made known unto you.

Ye have not chosen me,
but I have chosen you,
and ordained you, that ye should go
and bring forth fruit,
and that your fruit should remain:
 that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father
in my name, he may give it you.
These things I command you,
that ye love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment