Wednesday, November 21, 2012

WE ASK TO BE USED BUT WE DON'T WANT TO BE EQUIPPED

I cannot recall the times when growing up, I would say, "Jesus use me?" In my thinking I could be a missionary, sharing the gospel to some foreign country and helping others to learn to read and cook.
The Lord saw a different road than the one I thought I'd take. My life was semi-easy until the time my mother took her life, at which point I thought my world would end. Still I would pray, "Jesus use me."
I've always heard if you pray for patience then you will have to go through tribulation. I wasn't praying for patience so I assumed my path wouldn't be one of tribulation. I found out I was wrong.
It was the words I was praying that caused me so much pain. I was saying, "Jesus use me."
What commander would send out his soldier to the battle field not knowing what the soldier was to do?
That soldier would be shot down and his body sent back to the United States in a casket the first day. The military knows the value of preparing a soldier to know when to retreat and when to fight. They know to prepare him and his unit for anything that might come against them. The commander understands the value of boot camp.
 My Heavenly Father, hearing my prayer, knew that some Spiritual boot camp would be just what I needed. It was the very thing I was resisting but the only thing that would prepare me for what he had chosen for my life.
There have been a lot of bumps and bruises but the training has served me well. It's the battles I've fought and seeing God bring me through them that have strengthened me and made me what I am today.
Be careful what you pray. The Lord may see it's time to send you to Spiritual boot camp to prepare your way.
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13:20-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment