Saturday, November 3, 2012

HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE?


It's been days since I posted. We were attending funeral services and staying with family in Lubbock and Tahoka, Texas. I had no internet connection therefore my blog was rather quite for a couple days. This event was extremely sad and also joyious at the same time.

Lynn Carl Long my brother-in-law had cancer for the last ten years. There were certain things that the cancer stopped him from doing. On the other hand there were some things he did even better. One of the things I have seen in his life is the deep love for his wife, Denise. A month before Lynn passed away he had some bleeding in the cranium. We were in his hospital room and he never complained one time about how much pain he was in. When he would doze in and out, he would say things about how much he loved his bride, Denise. His love for her grew deeper everyday.

One of the other things he learned to do better was to love the Lord Jesus Christ. One time Steve was there and Lynn asked him to come up and finish the message for him. Lynn set down and was out cold. They ended up rushing him to the hospital. He was in and out of the hospital a few times during his last month. Each time he returned home he also returned to the pulpit. There were many times that as Lynn stood and preached his nose would start bleeding and drip onto the sheets of his bible before he realized what was happening. This didn't stop him from preaching the Word of God.

Why would someone keep preaching so deligently, knowing that he didn't have to? Lynn had a love that was deeper for the Lord than it was for himself. If he could have, he would have liked to be preaching when the Lord took him home. The one thing he wanted to leave for his kids, grand kids, neices and nephews was his deep desire to see each of them walk with the Lord. He wanted the world to know that he was willing to give every ounce of energy left in his body to see them come to Jesus Christ.

JOHN 15:7
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will,
and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified,
that ye bear much fruit;
so shall ye be my disciples.
As the Father hath loved me,
so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
If ye keep my commandments,
ye shall abide in my love;
even as I have kept my Father’s commandments,
and abide in his love.
These things have I spoken unto you,
that my joy might remain in you,
and that your joy might be full.
This is my commandment,
That ye love one another,
as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends,
if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Henceforth I call you not servants;
for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth:
but I have called you friends; f
or all things that I have heard of my Father
I have made known unto you.
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you,
and ordained you,
that ye should go and bring forth fruit,
and that your fruit should remain:
that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name,
he may give it you.
These things I command you, that ye love one another.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherry. Thanks for posting your memories about our brother and friend, I will miss him much, but his memory will always be a motivation to serve Christ the rest of my days.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete