Saturday, November 10, 2012

HIS LOVE FOR ME

Greater hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13)
Today was my last day with visiting with my children and grandchildren. I went to church tonight and heard my son preach. My heart was overwhelmed with joy. The love a mother has for her children is unexplainable.
I was thinking about my love for each three of my children and was taken away with the thought that my love is a one percent kind of love. Oh to me it's one hundred percent kind of love but compared to the love the Lord has for us its nothing.
Do your children do everything you reared them to do? Do they stumble and fall? Do they sometimes actually break your heart?
It doesn't matter how many times we have been hurt or worried about them, our love always outweighs the grief or sorrow.
If this is true, how much more does the father also love you? Once you have confessed your sins and you have been forgiven, when he looks at you he sees his wonderful beautiful child. The one he longs to spend time with, discuss the future, and just bask in the moments spent together.
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.
(Psalm 86:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment