Wednesday, November 7, 2012

DID THE ELECTION TAKE GOD BY SURPISE?


Millions of people woke up this morning, the day after the election, in defeat. Great sorrow has moved across our country and in the hearts of many. There are comments posted everywhere about what we can expect now that Obama is president for his second term. People are showing signs of fear and worry.

During the days before election my heart was heavy and I could only fear what would happen to America if Obama was once again elected. Israel was my biggest concern. My heart's desire was that the Lord would allow us to have a president that loved Israel and would do all possible to stand beside her.

As the numbers started rolling in it appeared that Romney was going to win. I thought I would be filled with extreme excitement but instead I was filled with the sense that even if Romney won the election, our nation would still have something missing as a whole.

As time moved on it showed that in fact, Obama was going to win the election. I had planned all year what I would do if Obama did indeed win. I would post all my concerns on facebook as to why I thought Obama shouldn't be our president. Those plans changed at the very moment I heard what was taking place.

My hope in Christ became stronger as the numbers come pouring in for Obama. I realized that my hope is not in Romney or Obama. My hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the maker of heaven and earth. Nothing Obama does over the next four years will take the Lord by surprise. He wasn't surpised yesterday and he will not be surprised by anything that takes place over the next few years.
 
 
In Revelation, the end times, during the great tribulation the nations will turn against Israel. Will the Lord be surprised by this? No, even during the great tribulation God's hand is on Israel.
 
 
If America turns against Israel then our country will suffer. We are a part of this nation so in turn we will suffer. Israel will still be God's chosen people no matter what our country does. I also realized that if God is in control then no one can touch Israel without going through him.
 
ISAIAH 46:9-13
 
 Remember the former things of old:
for I am God, and there is none else;
I am God, and there is none like me,
Declaring the end from the beginning,
and from ancient times the things that are not yet done,
saying, My counsel shall stand,
and I will do all my pleasure:

Calling a ravenous bird from the east,
the man that executeth my counsel from a far country:
yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass;
I have purposed it, I will also do it.
Hearken unto me,
ye stouthearted,
that are far from righteousness:
I bring near my righteousness;
it shall not be far off,
and my salvation shall not tarry:
and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
 
 Am I saying we are in part of the tribulation?   No, what I am saying is we are seeing signs on every hand that is pointing us to this time. The tribulation period will be worse than anything mankind has ever experienced. We need to know more than ever before, whom and what we believe in. The scripture states that the deception will be so great that if it were possible even the elect would be deceived.

We need to keep our eyes fixed on the Lord Jesus Christ. There is nothing in the storm that he can't handle. He is our creature, redeemer and sustainer. He carries the controls in his hand and no matter what comes our way, our lives are in his hand.

MATTHEW 24:24
For then shall be great tribulation,
such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time,
no, nor ever shall be.
And except those days should be shortened,
there should no flesh be saved:
but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.
Then if any man shall say unto you,
Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
For there shall arise false Christs,
and false prophets,
and shall shew great signs and wonders;
insomuch that, if it were possible,
they shall deceive the very elect.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment