Monday, January 7, 2013

LIGHTS ON! EVERYONE

Today I went outside and took all my Christmas decorations down. I started with the snowman painting on my front door. I tucked it away into a box along with the fat fluffy snowman that sat on my front porch.
The next step was to move to the mailbox and remove all the lights tightly wrapped around it.
Lastly was to remove the netting of lights covering from off my shrubs and remove the lights off of the five trees. The top of the house didn't get decorated this year so at least the project didn't take as long as usual.
As I stood and looked at my house it was almost like it had a frown. So bare and unappealing it looked to me. I was already missing the lights glistening at night.
Softly, the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "Look a little deeper, this house shines with the light of Jesus to the world, not just one month a year but all year long."
My heart was then settled as I realized that the light of Jesus Christ is what we try to portray to the world during the holiday season and this holiday season the Lord allowed me to publish my book, a book of hope, to those hurting.
What an awesome feeling settled over me as I realized I now have lights that can shine all over the world, all year round. So for the year 2013 - Lights on everyone!
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. (John 15:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment