Saturday, January 26, 2013

I WAS ALMOST ROBBED AND YOU COULD BE NEXT

 
One night a little over a year ago, I was sitting at my house minding my own business. It had been a very busy day at the church making sure that everything was lined out for the children, teachers and outside workers. It was now time to relax and enjoy the evening.
 
As I sat on the sofa working on the, "Digging a Well book, and waiting for Steve to get home from locking up the church, I heard a noise. I listened very intently thinking it was the cat which hangs out in my back yard, that is always trying to catch a bird for his next meal. I heard the noise again and almost froze in my tracks. Is there someone outside? What shall I do?
 
As I sat frozen on the sofa wondering if I was still possibly imagining this, I heard his voice. I instantly knew it was definitely someone. I was filled with fear and wondered if I could possibly make it through this event. Next I was filled with doubt. I began to think it was going to be impossible. I was sure he could overpower me at this point. How could I stop him from entering in? Suddenly the scripture came to my mind
 
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, (II Timothy 1:7-9)
 
Instantly I realized my need to focus.  It was time to focus on the Lord and realize that he was there to take all the fear and doubt away.  He was there to fill me with assurance, hope, faith, and a peace that passes all our understanding. 
 
He did just that, at the very moment that I needed it.  The noise I heard and the voice I had heard had now entered into my house and was getting closer by the moment.  It was when I turned to the Lord and asked him to fill me once again with himself that I realized he was instantly gone. 
 
If I were asked to identify him in a lineup it wouldn't be hard.  You could probably identify him pretty easily yourself.  I am sure he has tried to break into your house also, just as he did mine.  He is none other than Satan himself. 
 
The night he showed up at my house he was trying to rob me and keep me from writing the "Digging a Well" book.  He has come back many times and haunted me and each time he returns, he is told the same thing, "The word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword and I am not afraid to use it, because I know the Lord my God will carry me through this fear and doubt."  I was very aware that this fear and doubt could stop me in my tracks and keep me from moving forward with publishing what I felt the Lord had laid on my heart to do.  
 
I'm thankful to say I was nearly robbed but the thief was caught before he could get away with the item he came after. 
 
What is it that he is trying to rob from you?  It could be a book, your job, your marriage or something else of spiritual value.  Are you ready for him whenever he sneaks up on you?  Do you have the word of God close enough by your side, that at any given moment you can whirl the darts at him and make him flee?  If not, you better get ready because I was almost robbed, and you could be next. 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment