Thursday, December 29, 2016

THE WATERS HAVE COME IN UNTO MY SOUL


Photo by Balinda Zimmerman

Save me, O God; for the waters
are come in unto my soul.
I sink in deep mire,
where there is no standing:
I am come into deep waters,
where the floods overflow
me.  I am weary of my crying:
my throat is dried: mine
eyes fail while I wait for
my God.  They that hate me 
without a cause are more than the 
hairs of mine head: they that would 
destroy me, being mine enemies 
wrongfully, are mighty: then
I restored that which I took 
not away.  O God, thou knowest 
my foolishness; and my sins are 
not hid from thee. Let not them that 
wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, 
be ashamed for my sake: let not 
those that seek thee be confounded 
for my sake, O God of Israel.
Because for thy sake I have 
borne reproach; shame hath covered 
my face.  I am become a stranger 
unto my brethren, and an alien 
unto my mother’s children.
For the zeal of thine house hath 
eaten me up; and the reproaches 
of them that reproached thee are 
fallen upon me.  When I wept, and 
chastened my soul with fasting, 
that was to my reproach.  I made 
sackcloth also my garment; 
and I became a proverb to them.
They that sit in the gate speak 
against me; and I was the song of 
the drunkards.  But as for me, 
my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, 
in an acceptable time: O God, 
in the multitude of thy mercy hear 
me, in the truth of thy salvation.
Psalm 69: 1-13

No comments:

Post a Comment