Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WHAT TIME IS IT?


There is a clock on my wall that tells the time. I look at this gadget daily so I will know when it's time to start lunch for my husband, when it's time to get dressed and go to the store, and when it's time to go to special events.

The Lord has set a time clock on the universe. This isn't an easy subject for many people because we don't want to think about end times and times of great sorrow. But the fact is true. We will not all live to be one hundred, we will not be the perfect example of health. One thing is for certain, we will all face hard times at one point and time in our lives.

As I began writing the book, "Digging a Well," I knew God's timing of the book was perfect. I had written three words in my bible in 2001. On the very front of my bible the words appear, "Digging a Well." I pondered for five years why the Lord led me to write those words there. I had no idea why or where it would lead until 2010 at which time the Lord showed me this would be the title of a book.

It has taken two years to compile this book and many times during the process I questioned the Lord about the timing of the book. When would it be published?  Why would it be published?  How would it be published?

During the greatest crisis of our nation, the Lord allowed me to be part of His time clock. As the seconds ticked by, then the minutes, as the hours passed and then the days, the Lord has given me the opportunity to write about things that will hopefully carry many people through times of despair as we face the upcoming fiscal cliff.

This very thing is a reminder to me that God is watching over His children. There is nothing slipping by Him. He is going to take care of our needs, if we only trust Him.

What are you doing with the seconds, minutes, hours and days that the Lord has given you? I've wasted far to many in the past. May the Lord guide our every second and show us what we need to do to help others that may be struggling. May we point them to Jesus Christ the Sustainer, Deliverer, Healer, and Restorer of life.

My friend, I am living proof that he can take a broken heart and broken life and put it back together. He has made my life more perfect through my brokenness than what I was before.


ECCLESIASTES: 3:1-8
To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose
under the heaven:
A time to be born,
and a time to die;
a time to plant,
and a time to pluck up
that which is planted;
A time to kill,
and a time to heal;
a time to break down,
and a time to build up;
A time to weep,
and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn,
and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace,
and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get,
and a time to lose;
a time to keep,
and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence,
and a time to speak;
A time to love,
and a time to hate;
a time of war,
and a time of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment