Monday, September 3, 2012

PRETTY IN PINK AND OUT OF THE COMFORT ZONE




You see in life we are all called to step out of our comfort zone.  Sometimes we are asked to take giant steps but then there are times we are asked to do something minor.   I want you to know, this was no little step for my dear husband.  At one time in our marriage Steve said, "you will never catch me dead in a pink shirt".  My baby sister got married and Steve had to not only wear a pink shirt with his tuxedo, but it had ruffles. I know I souldn't have laughed but you know me.  I must say, he was quite handsome in that tuxedo with pink ruffles.

You see both times Steve was willing to put on pink was because he was showing great love for someone else.  Would he have allowed us to do this under any other circumstance?  No, there is absolutely no way.  But you see one of our dear friends that is 26 was fixing to wake up from surgery.  She had found out just a few weeks prior that she had cancer adn would be having a double mastectomy and a total hysterectomy.  Her world has been turned upside down.

Sometimes great sorrow requires great sacrifice on our part to show others that we care.  There was no way we could be there for her surgery in person but we took photo after photo of everyone dressed in pink, pink toe nails and anything we could find that was pink in order to show her that we cared and we wanted to brighten her day. 

Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone to help someone?  Sometimes it will be giving your time.  Other times it will be giving your money.  There may be times that it means something unusual to make them smile after a bad day.  It may take setting our pride aside for a few minutes.  Pray and ask the Lord what he would have you do next time someone is hurting and needing an extra boost in their day. 

These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you,
and that your joy might be full.
This is my commandment, That ye love one another,
as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.

JOHN 15:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment