Saturday, July 29, 2017

WHERE IS JESUS IN YOUR BOAT?

Photo provided by Balinda Zimmerman

Have you ever been in the middle of a great storm and 
wonder where the Lord was?  I know I have.  It's not
easy when you don't see the Lord taking care of things
the way we think He should be.  

I have several storms going on in my life right now. 
My body is in great pain every day and my career 
life isn't helping the pain one bit.  As I struggle with
this, there are times I have become extremely angry
and have said things that I shouldn't have said. 

Some times I think, "Now Lord I know you 
have the power to control this whole situation
and yet you chose not to.  You could instantly
remove my pain, but you chose not to. 

So where is He?  What is He thinking?  
Why isn't He in the middle of my dilemma?
Why only silence? Doesn't He know that 
if my pain level is so extreme; I am not able
to walk and if I can't hardly walk; I can't 
give my books away, and I honestly
don't feel like speaking with people when
my pain level is so extreme.  Does He 
just not get it?  

 He is still in the boat!

He may not be standing right beside 
me calming the storm, but He is in the
boat.  It may seem He doesn't care;
but He never got out of the boat.  
He is there, I just need to wait
until He knows the timing is  
perfect.  When that moment 
arrives and He steps from the
stern of the boat and makes 
 His presence known, then it will
be plain to see why He chose to 
wait.  He may be using my
pain to bring someone to a
closer walk with Christ
or my pain to bring some
one to know Christ as 
their savior.  He may us my 
pain to help someone else make
it through their pain.   We never
totally understand what the Lord
is up to but may we wait and not
be filled with fear and anger 
while He waits for the perfect
moment to display his power
and glory over the situation.
May we wait and see what 
miraclous things He has is 
store for our lives. 

Seek the LORD and
 his strength,
seek his face continually

No comments:

Post a Comment