Sunday, July 2, 2017

WHEN PAIN BECOMES VICTORY AND DEATH BECOMES LIFE





This story begins in Richardson Texas, a quaint suburb in the Dallas - Fort Worth area, where Mark and Rebecca Jones lived. Mark never made the headlines of the New York Times or appeared on Good Morning America. But this man made news in Heaven on June 28th, 2017, when he walked through the gates of heaven and into the arms of the one he so loved, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Mark, the Worship Leader at Trinity Church in Richardson Texas, did far more than just lead his people in song. He led them to the throne of God.

On June 2, 2017, Mark’s life would no longer be the same. Leaving the house on this rainy day, Mark fell down the steps, tearing all the tendons and ligaments in both legs. He went through knee surgery on both legs and began physical therapy, but what he learned during those days was not as important as what he taught others during that time. As he was learning to walk again after the surgeries, he taught other people how to have a new walk also.

On June 4, 2017, Mark posted a video with these words to his friends. 

" Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights." Habakkuk 3:17-19


On June 9, 2017, Mark posted these words, 

"My heart and flesh may fail
The earth below give way
But with my eyes, with my eyes I’ll see the Lord
Lifted high on that day
Behold, the Lamb that was slain
And I’ll know every tear was worth it all

Though you slay me
Yet I will praise you
Though you take from me
I will bless your name
Though you ruin me
Still I will worship
Sing a song to the one who’s all I need"
(Shane and Shane-"Though You Slay Me")

On June 11, 2017, Mark posted a video of him lying in the hospital bed, singing the song called, "Blessings" and these words.

'Cause what if your blessings
come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are
Your mercies in disguise"

"What if the sole purpose of being in your life, and all (sic) brings with it, is for the sole purpose of making you more like Jesus?"

On June 16th Mark posted these words  

"The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21b    My Friday morning proclamation regarding My Good, Good Father....

He remains, good, all the time! He remains, faithful!
He remains, merciful!
His grace is sufficient!
His love is everlasting!
He is with me in this storm!
He is working all things for good and for His glory
and that is good enough for me!
He is fully trustworthy!
He alone is my Healer!
His presence is full of joy!
His people are amazing!
His plans are perfect!
His timing is without error!
His strength is perfect, when my strength is gone!
Thank You, Father for entrusting me with this trial. I'm not worthy, but You are. May I be faithful to this call. I love you.

On June 25, 2017 mark posted a video singing from his hospital bed, "In Christ Alone", and posted these words.

No power of hell no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand."
"....on Christ the Solid Rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand.

On June 28, 2017, Mark posted these words, not knowing this would be his last day on the earth, and the beginning of watching his pain become a victory and his death bringing forth life. 

Today's Nugget – Find a way to (continue or begin) to serve your bride that says, "I love you and I'm thinking about you" and do it today and everyday that God gives you breath.

One of the ways that I've been able to serve my bride, over the years, is to make her coffee in the morning. No matter what time I got up or what the day held, for a very long time now, one of the things that Rebecca knew that she could count on was that her coffee, half and half and Chinet, comfort disposable travel cup with lid, would be waiting to greet her at the beginning of her day.

To say that was a blessing to her is a tremendous understatement. One of the things that I miss most about not being at home since my accident is that I am not there to make her coffee for in the morning.

As I heal more, little by little, day by day, I look forward to the next time I can stand in my kitchen and grind coffee beans and prepare her morning "happy" to start her day.

But it also reminds me, once again, that we cannot wait to say or do the things that we want and need to do. We are not guaranteed the next moment, our next breath or our next step.

So fellas, whatever that is for you, do it today. Do it right now and every day that God gives you breath! And count it a joy and a privilege to do whatever that is that says, "I love you and I'm thinking about you babe!"

She'll be eternally grateful for your doing so.

Shortly after Mark's death, a young couple who had lost a very young child suddenly, watched the videos on Mark's facebook page of him praising, worshipping and loving his Lord, and it gave them a new perspective and is helping them walk through the dark days they are experiencing.

This morning as I was praying about what to title Mark's story, I felt the Lord lay this title on my heart, "WHEN PAIN BECOMES VICTORY AND DEATH BECOMES LIFE".   I questioned the Lord about that topic, but as I have learned over the years, God knows what he is fixing to do; I just need to hold the pen.

This topic came to me around 9:00 AM so I sat down and started writing, deleting and writing again.  Then I received a message from my daughter-in-love that said, Mark's son was sitting by the pool this morning with his mother and prayed and accepted Jesus Christ into his heart. I knew instantly why God had pressed on my heart to call this blog, "WHEN PAIN BECOMES VICTORY AND DEATH BECOMES LIFE." 


So now I must ask this question. What will the last few days of your life look like? Will they be filled with stepping stones that will lead someone else into peace, joy and eternal life or will you leave the stepping stones that bring sorrow, anguish and fears?

We have but one life, may our last days look like those of this godly man, Mark Jones, that as people go through life and start to sink, they can find the firm stones he left behind, place their feet onto them and stand and move forward in a path that will also provide great stepping stones for others to follow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment