Wednesday, January 4, 2017

LET THE SKIES POUR DOWN RIGHTEOUSNESS


Photo provided by Pennie Beth Saum

I am the LORD, and there is none 
else, there is no God beside me: 
I girded thee, though thou hast 
not known me:  That they may 
know from the rising of the sun, 
and from the west, that there is 
none beside me. I am the LORD, 
and there is none else.  I form the 
light, and create darkness: I make 
peace, and create evil: I the LORD 
do all these things.  Drop down, 
ye heavens, from above, and let the 
skies pour down righteousness: let 
the earth open, and let them bring 
forth salvation, and let righteousness 
spring up together; I the LORD 
have created it.  Woe unto him that 
striveth with his Maker! Let the 
potsherd strive with the potsherds 
of the earth. Shall the clay say to 
him that fashioneth it, What makest 
thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
Woe unto him that saith unto his father, 
What begettest thou? or to the woman, 
What hast thou brought forth?  Thus 
saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, 
and his Maker, Ask me of things to come 
concerning my sons, and concerning the 
work of my hands command ye me.  I 
have made the earth, and created man 
upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched 
out the heavens, and all their host have 
I commanded.

Isaiah 45:5-12

1 comment: