Tuesday, January 10, 2017

DELIVER ME IN THY RIGHTEOUSNESS



Photo provided by Patricia Ziegler

In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; 
let me never be ashamed: deliver me 
in thy righteousness. Bow down thine 
ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou 
my strong rock, for an house of defence 
to save me. For thou art my rock and my 
fortress; therefore for thy name’s sake lead 
me, and guide me. Pull me out of the net 
that they have laid privily for me: for thou art 
my strength. Into thine hand I commit my 
spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God 
of truth. I have hated them that regard lying 
vanities: but I trust in the LORD. I will be 
glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast 
considered my trouble; thou hast known my
soul in adversities; And hast not shut me up
into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my
feet in a large room. Have mercy upon me, O
LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is
consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my
belly.  For my life is spent with grief, and my
years with sighing: my strength faileth because
of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed. I
was a reproach among all mine enemies, but
especially among my neighbours, and a fear to
mine acquaintance: they that did see me
without fled from me. I am forgotten as a dead
man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
For I have heard the slander of many: fear
was on every side: while they took counsel
together against me, they devised to take
away my life.  But I trusted in thee,
O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times 
are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of
mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save
me for thy mercies’ sake. Let me not be
ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee:
let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be
silent in the grave. Let the lying lips be put
to silence; which speak grievous things
proudly and contemptuously against the
righteous. Oh how great is thy goodness,
which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee;
which thou hast wrought for them that trust
in thee before the sons of men! Thou shalt hide 
them in the secret of thy presence from the 
pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly 
in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed 
me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
For I said in my haste, I am cut off 
from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou 
heardest the voice of my supplications when 
I cried unto thee. O love the LORD, all ye his 
saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, 
and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. Be of 
good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, 
all ye that hope in the LORD.

Psalm 31

No comments:

Post a Comment