Tuesday, February 28, 2017

YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOUL!



Photo provided by Debra Martinez

For John came neither eating nor 
drinking, and they say, He hath a 
devil. The Son of man came 
eating and drinking, and they 
say, Behold a man gluttonous, 
and a winebibber, a friend of 
publicans and sinners. But 
wisdom is justified of her 
children. Then began he to 
upbraid the cities wherein 
most of his mighty works 
were done, because they 
repented not: Woe unto thee, 
Chorazin! woe unto thee, 
Bethsaida! for if the mighty 
works, which were done in you, 
had been done in Tyre and Sidon, 
they would have repented long 
ago in sackcloth and ashes. But 
I say unto you, It shall be more 
tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at 
the day of judgment, than for you.
And thou, Capernaum, which 
art exalted unto heaven, shalt 
be brought down to hell: for if 
the mighty works, which have 
been done in thee, had been 
done in Sodom, it would have 
remained until this day. But I 
say unto you, That it shall be 
more tolerable for the land of 
Sodom in the day of judgment, 
than for thee. At that time 
Jesus answered and said, I thank 
thee, O Father, Lord of heaven 
and earth, because thou hast hid 
these things from the wise and 
prudent, and hast revealed them 
unto babes. Even so, Father: for 
so it seemed good in thy sight. All 
things are delivered unto me of my 
Father: and no man knoweth the 
Son, but the Father; neither knoweth 
any man the Father, save the Son, 
and he to whomsoever the Son will 
reveal him. Come unto me, all ye 
that labour and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest. Take my 
yoke upon you, and learn of me; 
for I am meek and lowly in heart: 
and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden 
is light.

Matthew 11:18-30


No comments:

Post a Comment