Sunday, July 28, 2019

THE LORD IS MY ROCK

Photo provided by Geoff Fierce

Rocks play a major part in our lives.  Why would the Psalmist say,” The Lord is my Rock?”

After saying it, he listed the ways the Lord was the one he relied on by saying.  “He is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, the one I trust in; my buckler and the horn of my salvation; and my high tower.”   

What the Psalmist, David was saying is, “Jesus, you are my all in all.”

Psalm 18:1-2  I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Look at the list below and fill in ways rocks are used.  From the moment of birth until the moment we die and laid in the ground; we are able to see the effect of rocks on our lives through medical treatment, aromatherapy, food, décor, highways, cosmetics, jewelry, and even when we close our eyes to death, a stone is positioned at the head of the tomb. 

Rocks are firm, stable, and faithful.


List weapons constructed from rocks.

List physical structures made from rocks.

List ways rocks can be used in beauty products.

List several means of warmth created from rocks

List ways rocks are used to aid in health.

List ways rocks are used to aid in cooking. 

List ways rocks are used to aid in the infrastructure of a city.
 
List decorations in your home that are made from rock.
1
2
3
List different things you can create with marble.
1
2
3

As you can see by the exercise above, we could not make it a day without the use of rocks in our lives.  Why would we think we could possibly make it a day without the Lord? 

 Acts 17:28a For in him we live, and move, and have our being;

No comments:

Post a Comment